Sunday, October 18, 2009

My first Commission


Sterling Silver piercing free Earring 2009.


This earring is the piece i made for my first ever commission.

Tis earring is made entirely form (925) sterling silver and doesn't require a piercing to be worn, instead it wraps around your ear and is very comfortable.
the client, Angela Costello a fashion designer who had created a fabulous formal dress themed around Cat Woman. The designer wanted earrings to go with the dress, the model however didn't have pierced ears. So i presented Angela with a design that i had come up with during the first year of my Diploma - the piercing free earring. Angela liked the design a lot as did the model.
I took my inspiration for the piece from the formal dress itself and also the photos of Cat Women I found during research into supper heroes. With such a rich inspiration I decided to indulge my slightly more extravagant ideas and made the bold, simple and elegant earring pictured above.



The original design 2008.